Join europes Biggest and most enjoyable Poker room and play poker like you never have before.

Monday 5 April 2010

swingy session but got back up

Today was really my first 'True' grind this month I played around 1000 hands, in my house this time, and had mixed views on my session, firstly me starting my grind on a monday is harder anyways since the fish dont seem to be there as much as friday through sunday.

And since I started a 2pm or 3pm I was up against other regualrs and I usually find sometimes these guys are cash cows if u play them right since they play so abc I was cbetting nearly every hand and taking it down on the flop or turn.

These are all loosing hands I'm posting but I think its great for me to look at and learn from, and maybe you to, I did win alot of other pots bringing me back up eventually but it coulda been alot more if I avoided these mistakes.

I got it up quickly doing this to around $20 then I think I started playing way to loose for example this 67 suited hand preflop is'nt bad but on the flop cbetting a board like that is never good and double barreling on the turn was pretty disgusting play by me. that was my first medium loss of $7 which should have been avoided if I played better.

Hand 1




------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hand 2


I made one very big mistake which cost me a buyin with queens, which on second glance I should have avoided.

The Raise pre and on flop is fine and maybe calling the re raise from tlp is fine also since her vp was wide enough where she would be raising aj there as well, howver i shoulda dhut down when to all ins were declared before i acted since what am i really beating here after a re raise a shove and a call of a shove i should be dropping this hand, its very likley at least one of these players have a set or twopair and could saved a buyin here.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hand 3

This was just a tricky spot for me where I felt I had to call the flop re min raise, I bet out here to try and take pot control and eitehr add value to my hand if I do hit my flush or king or bluff them off the pot, but after the re min raise I was expecting over pairs and thought thats what she was defending queens and low hope fully since I hit my king on th turn with a flush draw or the chance to hit another k or j the turn bet is big and here i just find it ver y hard to fold and I call once more hoping to hit my draws since its obvious she has a big hand here and the pot is stacking up on the river it blanks and she bets 4.50 a bril value bet really but I have to call becuase she could still have qq or jj and the pot alone is now like 25 but this hand I'm not to sure on I think I shoulda been getting 2 to 1 on my money to make this play which I wasnt, however i found it hard to beleive that she had a 5 here after the raise preflop i was putting her on a pair so i was thinking 5's quads and aces or kings at worse.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hand 4

This hand wasnt badly played at all really, but its just a tuff spot, it starts off pretty standard I get kq near the button I raise it I get called by some one in position. I flop a queen and I cbet $2 thats pretty standard I get called so now I'm thinking okay time for some information about his hand so I bet $4 on the turn to either try and stop a flush draw or to see if he ships, I know he probably has over pair ot two pair or better if he calls maybe he might have the flush draw and is getting stubborn or he has AQ

The river comes the ace making two outs the ace and queen making more unlikley he has aq and is maybe on a jqs or a flush draw and missed so when I check to him and he ships I feel I have to call unfortuantley he has the hand but, I cant really see much of the mistake I made here since he was a pretty loose player I think it was just unlucky and I think in the long term I would be winnign this pot.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hand 5

In this hand I got to loose and I think I made a mistake by calling the re raise the turn isnt a bad bet to try and win the pot but on the flop I should have given it up really, he did smooth call ak but after I raise and he re raises he most likley has it since this guy is a pretty tight player and i dont think he would re raise a cbet when i raised preflop with nothing , not his style wot so ever so bad play by me, nice try on the turn I guess though.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hand 6

This hand I'm not sure is bad again maybe the call on the flop isnt terrible since the player with 4's is agressive I knew at the time he would make some sort of play on this hand and I figured if he didnt have anything after bravepitt shipped I thought the pot is big enough for me to make this call on the flop and see the turn and pray that he checks it on the turn or makes a smaller bet making it okay for me to call he doesnt and makes a massive bet which I think for what his hand ended up being was pretty bad for him, checking the turn woulda been great for him if I hit my flush i woulda shipped all day, but I make a disiplined fold on the turn. not a bad play but just a pot where it was kinda intresting



some nice spots there, hope I learned from it.

Here is some great sites to try out:
  • Learn poker at DragtheBar for 7 days free! click here
  • PKR is a cool 3D poker site, also super soft! PKR Poker

No comments:

Post a Comment