Join europes Biggest and most enjoyable Poker room and play poker like you never have before.

Wednesday 8 September 2010

25nl and I keep on winning

Today in summary

Yes as the title says my winning streak hasn't stopped!
So far this month I haven't had one loosing session and I'm halfway to this months goal of 300 in only 9 days. And its not like I'm putting in alot of days since I'm working alot. Today I made yet another $60 today, and yesterday I made $20. But as for today I admit even though I played well and caught a few bluffers and made some nice bluffs myself here and there I did catch some cards, in fact I ran real dam hot and got in to some dream spots that favoured me.

The players are still pretty bad though. I personally know I wouldn't get away with alot of the plays I make at 25nl at 50nl because they would be to obvious at 50nl but at 25nl people are more gun ho and don't think to much generally and are alot more call happy so I can raise bigger than normal and expect action.

It was only a few days ago I posted how I felt that 25nl was something I wasn't to proud of playing and I wanted to play got more cash and better players and all of that.

However now I'm completely turned around, to be honest seeing how big of an edge I have on the players at the moment even if I complete my goal I might just keep taking the free money and use 25nl money to invest in a 50nl cash game coach.

My winrate was decent at 50nl but nothing like my 25nl results overall (bb/100) I found making any ware between $500 to $1k at 50nl a very hard stress full process yet I seen 50nl cash game players making on average $1.5k to $3k so I'm still missing something that 50nl grinders are doing, also just to improve my game would be great so it would be something I will be definatley considering.

Interesting poker hand

This hand was a real interesting hand, so much so I actually asked other poker players about it on forums it brought up some good discussion and at the end of it I felt I had an answer to how the hand should've been played after looking at the advice. here it is I'm first going to let you look at it and let you decide how you would play this, then just below it I will put what I found to be the best way to play it.



Okay if you said all in on the flop, then firstly no.
The reason this is would be because we have the idiot end of a straight draw and not only that but not the highest possibility of the higher flush, and since were only going to get called by better its not worth re raising all in for such little gain, compared to the times we get called by better also gambling like this were we might only be a 55% fav at best at worst were 30% if the players have a set or straight.

The way the flop is played is fine by me so far, however on the turn is were it gets real interesting. the queen makes it so that anybody with a jack now has the straight and leaves me only really drawing to the flush draw which still maybe in trouble since Cashterm called he also maybe flush drawing or he already has the straight.

since Jellito re raised my bet I know he has some sort of hand whether that be two pair straight or a set, when he bets $7 I should fold I am calling because at the time I figure I'm getting good odds without considering all the other variables in this hand like, cash term being yet to act, the fact I might be drawing dead if Cashterm calls with ace hearts something or the fact I may just be 15% to win on the turn with the flush making it a bad play so folding the turn would have been best, I dont usually see a loosing hand I'm happy to talk about, but I felt I learnt quite abit on that hand.


Fast Poker News

Tony G is Jeremy Kyle in the
Daniel Negranu V Annie Duke


As some players may know who follow the news, last month in poker player magazine Daniel Negranu showed uncharacteristic anger directed at Annie Duke, both of these players have been reported to be at each others throats during there poker careers for reasons unkown, however Daniel was pretty pissed. Heres a transcript of what he said.

''What irked me is that this woman has the audacity on her website to call herself ‘the best female poker player in the world’. So on one side of the coin she’s fighting for, ‘Oh, we’re all equal, there shouldn’t be any gender thing,’ but when appropriate she decides to call herself the best female poker player in the world.

So I’m like ‘how offensive are you, you fucking cunt? You want to say you’re speaking for women, yet you claim superiority over all of them.''

Tony G of all people not bad mouthing or trash talking, but acting as pokers Jeremy Kyle trying his best to diffuse it came out with this heart warming letter to both players.



Dear Annie and Daniel, Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for me and the entire human race. I write to you both here to plead with you to calm down and offer the guiding diplomatic hand of Tony G to smooth things over. If necessary I will lube up with aloe vera and lavender and give you both a deep relaxing massage.”

Tony G making the world a better place.





Might not be posting as much as I have been soon


I don't usually bring up my personal life in my poker blog but for this one I will, since its going to effect my poker. I've been working pretty much constant overtime and will be working alot more around October through december, doing twilight shifts like 10pm till 6am and playing poker in any of my free time (free hours) , reason I'm doing this is because I gotta pay the bills! and pay for birthdays and Christmas while also investing in my course. So hopefully I can juggle everything but if I'm not posting to much soon I'm probably sleeping or playing poker instead lol and wont have to much time to blog although I will make an effort to.

Hope this has been interesting and good luck at the tables.

Here is some great sites to try out:
  • Learn poker at DragtheBar for 7 days free! click here
  • PKR is a cool 3D poker site, also super soft! PKR Poker

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He dude.. nice blog again especially the hand explaining lol..But what I wanted to say goes about this I have bin playing 50NL for 2 month's now and my bb/100 is good people say between 12.xx and 15.xx and my profit was between 800+ and 1300+ a month but you say the the 50NL grinders get a profit between 1500 and 3000 a month. I realy have to meet that dude @ the 50NL tables then because I didn't saw him there the last 2 months or he/she plays @ night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that the players on 2+2 forums making 1.5k/3k a month are probably multi tabling 4 and over pretty much constantly for a month it seems like they must be putting in 10 hours aday 7 days a week. But I feel a coach would help with nuances of my game and increase my earnings.

    Well your win rate is great man but it really does depend on your total volume of hands.

    I had a 9/bb100 win rate at 50nl but since even 65k hands would be to small a sample size to determine your true bb/100 winrate the more you play the more you see your true winrate so at 500k hands if you posted your winrate on a 2+2 forum thats pretty reliable data, although there would be one or two players still saying play anotehr 500k hands to get your true winrate what I meen to say is over a small sample size you cant take your winrate at face value.

    I used to play like 5 hours a day and earn in between $500 - $1k so I could see if I doubled my hours and added an extra tables I think 3k could be achievable personally

    and thanks, the blog is getting someware now, just cant add poker tv at the bottom at the moment...dam thing plays adverts without warning so will find something else hopefully.

    ReplyDelete